Application deadline: 29th June 2022 (23:59 CEST)
Elva Community Engagement (www.elva.org) is a leader in data-driven advisory on conflict prevention, stabilisation and state-civil relations in conflict-affected areas. We offer expertise in context and situational analysis, counter-violent extremism intervention design and implementation, advisory on and program-support for conflict prevention and stabilisation initiatives. Our team is based in The Hague, Washington D.C. and Abidjan.
We primarily work in West Africa, where our ability to provide high-resolution, real-time data and trend analysis has unlocked better targeted and effective interventions for a range of different partners, from humanitarian organisations to governments and peacebuilders.
Our work is recognised and supported by leading international organisations, including the Netherlands’ Ministry of Foreign Affairs, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Responsibilities and duties:
We are looking for a proactive colleague who is a quick learner and has the versatility to support us across the board. Being a small team, each member contributes to tasks outside of their own expertise to ensure that we are able to deliver the best results for our partners. This will allow you to experience a range of responsibilities, and learn from seasoned professionals within Elva and from partner organisations. Your main tasks will include:
- Providing support to the team with business development, program operations and business administration
- Assisting with identifying new opportunities and drafting project proposals
- Taking meeting notes and assisting with administrative tasks, such as drafting contracts and reports
- Contributing to the development and improvement of Elva’s tools and services
Required skills and experience
- Master’s or final year bachelor’s university of applied sciences (HBO) student in Economics, Business Management, Human Resources Management, Hospitality Management, Administration or a closely related field
- Excellent written and spoken proficiency in English
- Ability to plan, work and meet deadlines independently within remote teams
- Ability to effectively problem solve in a fast paced, international work environment
- Affinity with international affairs and peacebuilding
- University enrollment is mandatory
Preferred skills and experience
- Work experience in security, government or international organizations
- Work experience in business management or a related field
- Excellent written and spoken proficiency in French
Applicants who don’t fulfill the requirements in full, but can show relevant transferable skills, are encouraged to apply. Please include an explanation with your application.
- This role is full time, with a minimum of 32 hours per week and a maximum of 40 hours per week
- This role will be carried out from Elva’s office in the centre of The Hague, with the possibility for hybrid working
- Contract start date: Immediate
- Contract duration: 6 months
- Stipend: EUR 550 per month (based on 40/hours per week)
How to apply
To apply for this position, send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Business Development and Operations Assistant – [Your Name]” and attach:
- A concise motivation letter (max 1 page)
- Your CV
Due to the large number of applications, only selected candidates will be contacted. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview in the next stage of the application process.